Community Service Awards & Scholarship
2017-2018 School Year
United Way of Walla Walla County partners with local school districts to recognize high and middle school students who have made an exceptional commitment to community service. High school students that have volunteered 145 hours and middle school students that have volunteered 75 hours between April 1 and March 31 each year may apply for the letter or medal in community service.
The following school districts have elected to offer the communty service awards. However, check with your school or contact us to see if it is one of the participating schools. Any high school or middle school in Walla Walla or Columbia counties are eligible to join the program.
- Walla Walla School District
As a student enrolled at a school that is not participating, you are still eligible to apply for the letter/medal in community service and the scholarship if you are a junior or senior in high school. Although you will not receive the actual letter, you will receive a certificate that looks great on your college application.
How to Apply
- Apply online (application below).
- Your application must be RECEIVED by April 1, 2018.
- The award is available to high school students who complete 145 hours of community service between April 1 and March 31 each year and middle school students that complete 75 hours of community service.
- Please print the ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY form, fill it out and upload the form in the section that says Academic Eligibility.
Verification of Hours
- Download the CONFIRMATION LETTER OF COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS, each supervisor must fill out the confirmation letter. Please upload this/these form(s) in the section Confirmation Letter Of Community Service Hours.
- Download the AGREEMENT, the student and parent/guardian must both sign the agreement. Please upload
this/these form(s) in the section Agreement.
What to Expect After You Apply
- You may expect confirmation that we received your application via email by 5/5/18. If you do not hear from us please call our office at 509-529-1183.
- Verifications are made in April and you will be notified of your award status no later than 5/15/17.
- Award presentations and recognition will vary based on high school.