Director of Resource Development and Marketing
United Way of Walla Walla County
Serving Walla Walla and Columbia Counties
Full time (40 hours a week)
Reports to: Executive Director
United Way of Walla Walla County seeks a full-time Director of Resource Development and Marketing. The qualified applicant is focused, outward facing, results-oriented, high energy, and inspiring. Responsibilities include establishing and implementing comprehensive marketing and resource development plans. This position will lead all Resource Development lines of business including: Corporate Relations, Major Gifts, New Business, Donor Relations, and Events while maintaining superior donor relationships and increasing revenue. The qualified applicant will develop and implement marketing and communication plans and strategies to support fundraising goals including: public relations, media relations, online giving, digital communications, key messaging, storytelling, and brand experience.
Areas of Responsibility
- Directs volunteer leadership, cultivation, recruitment, and training, especially in working with the Campaign Committee, Company Coordinators, and the Marketing Team.
- Establishes policies, procedures, direction and strategies of the total campaign effort.
- Analyzes markets to identify areas of opportunity and community potential.
- Represents the United Way of Walla Walla County at various community events and speaks on behalf of the United Way of Walla Walla County.
- Coordinates special events and specific fundraising efforts, which provide United Way of Walla Walla County with increased visibility in the community.
- Assists with the completion of special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Directs a marketing program which includes market research design and implementation of short-term and long-term marketing plans.
- Directs planning and coordination of general and specific communications programs and develops a year-round communications plan.
- Directs communications strategies for a community-wide fundraising program, including development and implementation of strategies and goals for identifying, soliciting, and cultivating long-term relationships with United Way of Walla Walla County stakeholders.
- Identifies new markets and develops strategies for penetrating various fundraising markets.
College degree preferred.
- Experience in fundraising or sales.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong time/project management and people skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of personal computers and application software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher.
In addition, all company employees are expected to promote teamwork and an atmosphere of cooperation and support.
The statements contained in this position description are intended to describe the general routine and level of work of the position of Director of Resource Development and Marketing. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the position. All company employees will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
$47,500 - $55,000